So when we bought the house one of the things we did to fix it up and personalize it was to plant some new things in the backyard. One of the best choices we made I think was a plumeria plant. It didn't have any blooms when we bought it and I've been watching for it to final bloom for what seems like forever. It finally started to sprout a few weeks ago and I've been checking every day to see if they've opened. Well it finally did and I was so excited!! I love the smell of it and it a beautiful fuscia color. I was checking it out and God completely gave me the coolest surprise. Check it out!
Yes, that's a grasshopper hanging out on the stem. God really is amazing. He took something minor I was already excited about and made it so much better. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. He has created such a beautiful place for us the inhabit. My Heavenly Father has placed so many small things in my life that are full of awe. I often forget to stop and take in these things. I get so wrapped up in my own drama that I forget about thanking Him for small things like flowers, the sun rising each day, and hugs from loved ones. Just when I get so into my own stuff God placed a minor miracle right in front of my face where I couldn't possible miss it. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.
2 comments:
Thank you for that reminder Aly! Praise God for reminding us about the little miracles in life! I'm so glad you are loving your new place too.
-Adam
My favorite hymn text is "for the beauty of the earth, for the beauty of the skies, for the love which from our birth over and around us lies.....for the beauty of each hour, sun and vale and tree and flower, sun and moon and stars of night.....brother, sister, parent, child, friends on earth and friends above"
Alyson,
While you are appreciating the beauty around you, we get to appreciate our beautiful friend.-Sara
Post a Comment